Thursday, January 28, 2010

More H2O and Less Bad Habits

So in the morning I'm going to Quest Diagnostics for some blood work, urine sample etc etc. You might be thinking - yeah, so? been there, done that, got the t-shirt. However, since I'm suppose to drink and ample amount of water today, I have decided it'll be a good day to start a good habit - DRINK WATER! Something I hardly do. I don't drink much liquids at all. My lips are always dry and pickable. Yes, pickable.
I have a bad habit of picking/biting my lip, and I've been doing it for years now. You might think - ewwww. that's disgusting. Yeah it is, but when you've been doing it for so long that you don't notice too much. I know it's not as hard as quitting smoking, but it kind of is and not. Now, I don't have the nicotine withdrawl or anything, but I for sure have the hand to mouth repetition down. I pick my lip so often when my hands are not doing something - like typing on a keyboard, doing dishes, etc - that I don't even notice that I've started to pick and bite my lip. You can stop from physically buying and smoking cigaretts, but my hands will always be apart of my body (or so I pray). So, all day I've been catching myself picking my lip and I didn't even notice that I started. Since my hands have been more idle than normal, I've been having the muchies! even though I'm not hungry and *just* ate. ugh.
Well, so far today I drank a little over 48oz of water. Which is HUGE for me. I hope to finish off my water bottle to complete 64 oz.
I don't want the good habit of drinking water to stop here, but I want to continue to drink more and more water daily. I know that my body needs it and especially needs it as a diabetic so I can flush all the nastiness out of my kidneys etc.
Here's to drinking more water, becoming hydrated, stop picking my lip, and feeling healthier.

Thanks for listening,

LO

P.S. Quest Diagnostics is great! I was able to make my appt online and when it was submitted there was a button "would you like to add this event to your google calendar?" Oh, why yes, yes I would. Thank you!
Once again, the more and more I use google goodies, the more and more I like it - {a lot}.

No comments:

Post a Comment