Thursday, August 19, 2010

Google Reader and the D-OC

The Diabetic Online Community rocks. I am so blessed to have a multitude of people sharing their thoughts, advise, and rants about their day to day life living as a diabetic.

I just finished reading through my "Diabetes Blogs" folder, and I thought, "wow, diabetes is 24/7. No breaks, no vacations, can be frustrating as heck, and painful as heck too!" And then the other side of my brain was like "yeah, doi, you go through the sameish type of stuff, and you know what... others go through it too." There are times where I want to play the blame game and yell at Diabetes "YOU SUCK!" but then 1 Corinthians 10:13 pops into my head - "No temptation [read: test, trial, problem] has overtaken you except such as common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted [read: tested, problems] beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." It doesn't say that God will take alllll your issues - sometimes He does. I would reeealllly like it if He took diabetes away forever, but that hasn't happened yet... so what does He do instead? He gives us a way of escape - a way to deal with it.

Through the support of family and friends, He's also given me the Diabetic Online Community (DOC).

Thanks you guys for sharing your thoughts, fears, blessings, small victories (like a 104 reading on the meter! Or a levelish line on the CGM! woot!), and everything else in between. You guys ROCK!!! Here's to you guys!

Blessings to you all and thanks for listening,

Lindsey O.


- I'm a finger poking, insulin givin', carb countin', softball lovin', newbie garden growin', Irish-Italian.
booyah.

If you're on twitter and you're looking for some awesome people to relate with, do a hashtag search diabetes (#diabetes).




No comments:

Post a Comment